OUTAGE: MCI/Worldcom frame-relay network

Alan Hannan alan at globalcenter.net
Mon Aug 9 07:33:31 UTC 1999

  http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/19990806/news/current/wcom.htx?source=blq/yhoo&dist=yhoo

  It would seem that WCOM has indeed been communicating with the
  public, as early as 13:33 EST, August 6th.

  This is my concern with the recent trend in using NANOG
  as a pulpit for bringing focus to certain network problems.

  The information displayed here is not always accurate, and
  often subjective.

  I do not mean to suggest that Sean is, only that it does
  happen, and the list goes for a while with no correction.

  Usually I'd argue that any information is better than no
  information, but when the quality is of suspect value, I'm
  not sure the viewpoint stands.

  I'd recommend that an alternate forum be used for outage
  notification, like Stan Barber's outage-discuss list.

  -alan

Thus spake Sean Donelan (SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM)
 on or about Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 01:12:47AM -0500: