Peering Policies

Paul Ferguson ferguson at cisco.com
Thu Apr 22 21:48:25 UTC 1999

At 01:40 PM 4/22/99 -0700, Tim Wolfe wrote:

> How does this figure into the future political and
>technical growth of the net?  Wouldn't this type of apathy tend to push
>toward government involvement in this industry?

Are you insane? I ask that semi-jokingly, but on the serious side,
"government" involvement in a capitalist environment has traditionally
stifled technical growth, and subsequently revenue.

I can only suggest that true capitalism can solve this problem in the
long run. If one provider can't live up to their SLA, change providers.

$.02,

- paul

ps. Standard disclaimers apply.