Packet Loss

steve at altrina.exodus.net steve at altrina.exodus.net
Thu Sep 17 18:42:54 UTC 1998

Well... I'll tell you most everything I know about mae-east and packetloss,
if you have a few hours to spare ;).. but lets get to the nitty gritty.

a.) there is loss between some of the giga's
b.) the problems stem from lack of uplinks to some of the giga's
c.) they are supposedly pulling new glass to run the new uplinks on
d.) there is no eta.

I'm on giga 2, I consistantly see loss to everyone on giga 4, I'm told this
is a because there are not enough uplinks connecting to two of them.

I have a ticket open, and I will have a ticket open until I get a resolution,
althought at this time, that does not seem near.

--
Steven O. Noble -- Sr. Backbone Engineer, Exodus Communications (EXDS)
                     --   Work:408.346.2333  --