TLD whois servers

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at mailorder.com
Thu Sep 17 21:03:01 UTC 1998

We're in the process of putting together a free tools and resources site
for general use of this community. Amongst the things we're putting up
(ping and traceroute gateways, looking glass machines, etc) is a smart
whois front end that will allow a user to enter a domain name with any
tld.

The problem is that IANA does not currently require a tld
manager/administrator to provide the address of their whois server. In
some cases, apparently, there may not even be a whois server.

Does anyone have a partial list that we can incorporate, or pointers to
resources?

We hope to have a useful functioning site by NANOG in Atlanta.

/rlj