NSI Bulletin 098-010 | Update on Whois

Leo Bicknell bicknell at dimension.net
Fri Sep 11 03:18:07 UTC 1998

	I just had one of those not so surprising surprising discoveries.
You can also query network data with rwhois, no need for separate
servers.  Unfortunately my script previously ignored all network data.
I have now added the code to print out network information so you can
enter network numbers and get data back.  The unified network has
returned.

	I definately want to talk with a rwhois expert now, I'm puzzled
why I can search on "Server" for forward DNS servers, but not on
"In-Addr-Server" for reverse DNS server.  That would be handy too.

	As always, http://www.ufp.org/~bicknell/rwhois.cgi

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at dimension.net
Network Engineer (CCIE #3440) - Dimension Enterprises
1-703-709-7500, fax, 1-703-709-7699