NSI Bulletin 098-010 | Update on Whois

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Thu Sep 10 03:49:18 UTC 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell at dimension.net>
<snip>

> If someone can tell me how to get phone numbers in
>I'll post a URL to the script itself, so you can have your
>own "whois" client that uses "rwhois".  If they are completely
>unavailable I go back to stating a need to replicate the
>whois data, perhaps into a "rwhois" database. :-)

I think that you have to use the "contact"
handle and do the lookup and it has "Phone:".
Here is part of the original example. Note,
the lookup is for FM136.NET which came
from the lookup for DIMENSION.NET.

%ok
FM136.NET
contact:Class-Name:contact
contact:Auth-Area:net
contact:ID:FM136.net
contact:Handle:FM136
contact:First-Name:Fitzgerald
contact:Last-Name:Michael
contact:Name:Michael, Fitzgerald
contact:Type:I
contact:Email:mfitzgerald at DIMENSION.NET
contact:Phone:703-709-7699
contact:Org-Name:Dimension Enterprises
contact:Street-Address:1039 Sterling Rd, Suite 201
contact:City:Herndon
contact:State:VA
contact:Postal-Code:22170
contact:Country-Code:US
contact:Created:19950817123945000
contact:Updated:19960221135609000

%ok

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com
End-2-End: VPC(Java)---C+ at ---<IPv8>---C+ at ---(Java)VPC
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://www.ddj.com/index/author/idx10133.htm