[rootshell] Security Bulletin #25

Richard Steenbergen humble at lightning.net
Wed Nov 4 01:09:38 UTC 1998

>Well, seeing how 2.0 is actually a commercial product and supposedly
>re-written, I can see why they'd want to sell it.  If you want to run ssh
>and don't want to pay for it, you're stuck with the 1.x version.  Those
>that can pay do, and those that don't whine for some reason.  It's not
>like you couldn't take the source to 1.2.26 and alter it now, is it?

Have you ever stopped to look at the src to 2.0? Large portions of it is
unfinished. Hell the only symetric ciphers they have are DES (do we even
have to go here), RC4 (a stream cipher that has been implimented wrong in
SSH before), and Mars (an AES candidate from IBM which has known attacks
against it).

--
Richard Steenbergen <humble at lightning.net> Data Innovations System Admin
http://www.bitchx.com/~humble - humble at EFnet - PGP KeyID: 0x21581362