gated

Peter Galbavy peter at wonderland.org
Tue Jun 9 16:12:15 UTC 1998

> Now, we are only in progress.  You are welcome to join the process to help
> fix GateD or you are welcome to continue complaining.

I will happily help if the effort, but only if I know my work will
not be stolen and used for the purposes of building a revenue earning
company for MERIT or any other organisation.

Once I thought the GPL a virus and evil, but with the recent
profiliation of previously free software becoming hijacked and
used for profit *and still claiming to be the definitive source
for the software* is getting tiresome. gated and X11 are two
examples of this. What next ? How muuch of >your< code is
being sold by others claiming to own it ?

I might just help the zebra project instead - since it is guarenteed
(by GPL) not to disappear into the $$$ clutching hands of some
beaurocrat.

> Merit provides 2 different routing demons - GateD and MRT for
> public consumption.  Both have BGP.  If you don't like GateD and
> don't want to fix it, perhaps you'd like MRT.

No you don't - you sell at least one of those.

I think we should now disappear, since this is NANOG and this thread
is not quite an operational issue. Yet.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy