BGP community based IP filtering

Alan Hannan hannan at bythetrees.com
Fri Jan 16 00:54:30 UTC 1998

  You're absolutely correct.  The current protocol requires no
  modification, it's just relevant to the way the router handles
  other services.

  The thrust of my goal, mangled as it was, was that this become
  fairly common and expected.  If so, then one could communicate
  and act upon routes based upon their associated BGP communities.

  This, imho, would be a very good thing.

  -alan