Erroneous BGP advertisement

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Wed Feb 11 02:50:37 UTC 1998

Currently, one half of our /18 is being erroneously advertised by
Sprint (207.228.0.0/19).  This, naturally, is causing us no end of
trouble.  Sprint, meanwhile, blames a third party.  This has been
going on for over 24 hours.

First, if you're reading this and you're the culprit, please stop
advertising 207.228.0.0/19.

Second, I'm soliciting advice from others who have experienced this.
How did you get results from the culprits?  Can you recommend an
attorney who is familiar with the issues, in case we decide to recover
our lost revenue stream?

Thanks!

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO