Network Operators and smurf (UTSA)

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Mon Apr 27 16:38:49 UTC 1998

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 11:33:26AM -0500, Bryan Bradsby wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> >
> > Here's one that seems particularly troublesome and I know it is in your
> > list as well.
> >
> > ----129.115.255.255 PING Statistics----
> > 2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, +110 duplicates, 0% packet loss
> > In Karl's list
>
> Look on the bright side, it could have been 64,000 duplicates.  ;-}

Aieeeeeeeee! :-)

> > descr:       University of Texas at San Antonio
> > descr:       San Antonio
> > descr:       TX 78285, USA
> >
> > Perhaps someone closer to them can poke around and see what the situation
> > is.
>
> I am closer (we share the same backbone).  I forwarded your note to my
> contact over there.
>
> Your good net neighbor,
> -bryan
> hostmaster at capnet.state.tx.us

Well, I don't expect much.

On the other hand, it appears that at least a few of the networks on my
"hall of shame" list are cleaning up their acts.  If you're one of those
folks, please contact our NOC and let them know so we can take you off the
router block and web listing.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV