Network Operators and smurf (UTSA)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Apr 28 02:06:09 UTC 1998

Thus spake Bryan Bradsby
> > ----129.115.255.255 PING Statistics----
> > 2 packets transmitted, 2 packets received, +110 duplicates, 0% packet loss
> > In Karl's list
>
> Look on the bright side, it could have been 64,000 duplicates.  ;-}

Well, I don't know that that little test is completely accurate.  As
soon as the first packet from the second ping arrives it stops reporting
on the first packet.  That's why you do the test with the -c2 flag in
the first place.

> > descr:       University of Texas at San Antonio
> > descr:       San Antonio
> > descr:       TX 78285, USA
> >
> > Perhaps someone closer to them can poke around and see what the situation
> > is.
>
> I am closer (we share the same backbone).  I forwarded your note to my
> contact over there.

Great.  See if you can get them to update their whois record to include
someone who can respond to email while you are at it.

Thanks.