too many routes

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Wed Sep 10 21:51:36 UTC 1997

> This is what I beleave sprint is doing. They are using the new Cisco 12000
> GSR with external router servers. It is a smart way of patching the
> problem. If you need more CPU or memory you can just add a bigger box and
> more RAM.
>

> Nathan Stratton                             President, CTO, NetRail,Inc.
> Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
> Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
> WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303
> "No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his
> great strength.                                        - Psalm 33:16

Sprintlink does not use route-servers today, the RP in the GSR is
probably enough for a while, right now it's not very busy.

sl-bb10-stk>sh proc cpu
CPU utilization for five seconds: 1%/0%; one minute: 2%; five minutes: 2%

sl-bb10-stk>sh ip bgp sum
BGP table version is 2134008, main routing table version 2134008
46450 network entries (218561/293390 paths) using 14209540 bytes of memory
15864 BGP path attribute entries using 2134920 bytes of memory
0 BGP route-map cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
0 BGP filter-list cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
230083 prefixes revised.

--Peter