RADB problems

Mark Prior mrp at connect.com.au
Sat Nov 29 05:12:42 UTC 1997

     It seems that some of you were experiencing some problems with RADB
     yesterday.  RADB was having brief mail problems which were resolved.  If
     you continue to have difficulties, please let us know.

I don't believe that they are fixed yet.

kuji> host -t ns ra.net
ra.net                  NS      NS.SESQUI.NET
ra.net                  NS      NS.ISI.EDU
kuji> host -t mx radb.ra.net ns.isi.edu
radb.ra.net MX record not found at ns.isi.edu, server failure
kuji> host -t mx radb.ra.net ns.sesqui.net
radb.ra.net MX record not found at ns.sesqui.net, server failure
kuji> host -C ra.net
ra.net                  NS      NS.SESQUI.net
zed.isi.edu     bmanning.zed.isi.edu    (1925628 10800 900 604800
129600)
 *** ra.net SOA record at NS.SESQUI.net is not authoritative
ra.net has lame delegation to NS.SESQUI.net
 !!! ra.net SOA primary zed.isi.edu is not advertised via NS
ra.net                  NS      NS.ISI.EDU
zed.isi.edu     bmanning.zed.isi.edu    (1925631 10800 900 604800
129600)
 *** ra.net SOA record at NS.ISI.EDU is not authoritative
ra.net has lame delegation to NS.ISI.EDU
 !!! NS.ISI.EDU and NS.SESQUI.net have different serial for ra.net

Also we haven't received back ACKs from any of the messages we sent
out before we started using a hard coded IP number in the mail
address, ie "auto-dbm@[198.108.0.8]".

Our problem with the RADB not returning at least one net tagged with
our origin (203.22.196.0/24) as a result of a "\gAS2764" query is
still unresolved.

Mark.

PS If you really thought this was fixed why didn't you contact us
since we have an open TT with you about this very issue?