Advisory - tunneling of IP at exchange points.

Dave Van Allen dave at fast.net
Wed Nov 26 13:20:03 UTC 1997

Thanks Paul, wonderful job.  Side-note (taken from the exploit write-up
http://www.linx.net/tunnel-advisory.txt):

>// Adding "log-input" to the end of each access-list line will log
>// the hardware address of the sender for good measure. IOS 11.1
>// and upwards only (from memory)

We find log-input to very unreliable and often producing wrong
information. It indeed operates differently across the 11.1 train (no
comment on 11.2 offered) I think 11.1.15 breaks it badly. Albeit
improperly worded and not well defined in print on CCO, please reference
cisco BUGid CSCdj40503 prior to trusting log-input for any valid info.

Best regards,

David Van Allen - FASTNET(tm) / You Tools Corporation
dave at fast.net (888)321-FAST(3278) http://www.fast.net
FASTNET - Business and Personal Internet Solutions

[snip]