Advisory - tunneling of IP at exchange points.

Craig A. Huegen chuegen at quadrunner.com
Wed Nov 26 15:35:26 UTC 1997

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Dave Van Allen wrote:

==>We find log-input to very unreliable and often producing wrong
==>information. It indeed operates differently across the 11.1 train (no
==>comment on 11.2 offered) I think 11.1.15 breaks it badly. Albeit
==>improperly worded and not well defined in print on CCO, please reference
==>cisco BUGid CSCdj40503 prior to trusting log-input for any valid info.

CSCdj40503 simply fixes a problem where packets are not logged under
certain conditions.  It doesn't change any information.

I've never seen a problem with log-input reporting bad information; if you
have and can reproduce, please document and contact your normal support
channels to fix this valuable tool.

/cah