IPv8 < IPv6

Alan Hannan hannan at bythetrees.com
Thu Nov 6 01:45:29 UTC 1997

  Yes, and when my mother didn't make me go to bed at night, I was
  rather cranky, and tardy in my multiplication tables and spelling
  exercises the next day.

  That we can impose strict hierarchy on address allocations (like
  our friends at RIPE, APNIC, and InterNIC have done) is part of the
  reason our networking system has assumed a somewhat manageable
  growth wrt addressnig.

  Big Brother impositions are fine, if the benevolent dictatorship
  really is altruistic. (in community space allocation)

  -alan

  DISCLAIMER -- THIS IS NOT TO IMPLY THAT I SUPPORT, CONDONE, OR
                AGREE WITH JIM FLEMING.  RATHER I HARBOR FEARS THAT
		HE FLIRTS WITH DANGEROUS CHEMICAL SUBSTANCES, AND
		PERCEIVES THE WORLD IN A MANNER UNLIKE ANY OF SANE
		MIND AND BODY.

Quoting Jay R. Ashworth (jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us):