IPv8 < IPv6

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Wed Nov 5 16:42:05 UTC 1997

On Thu, Nov 06, 1997 at 10:16:56AM -0600, Jim Fleming wrote:
> There is a natural routing hierarchy with IPv8
> addressing....8 regions, 256 distribution centers
> in each region and full 32 bit Internets from there.
> IPv8 addresses can fit inside the IPv6 address fields.

The problem here, as I see it, is that this _imposes_ a hierarchical
structure onto the physical design on the net, which has not been the
observed pattern of growth.

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Pedantry.  It's not just a job, it's an
Tampa Bay, Florida          adventure."  -- someone on AFU      +1 813 790 7592