uDNS Root Name Servers Taking Shape - on a couple ISDN lines

Richard Shu rshu at inetnow.net
Fri May 30 12:42:41 UTC 1997

Jamie Rishaw wrote:

> > Seriously, our schedule calls for 5 dedicated, non-recursive servers
> > up by next week this time, with T1 of better connectivity.
>
> "Oh, we'll have quadruple this Real Soon Now(tm). We decided that it was
> a Good Thing to release this project with a crappy server and crappy links..
> but honest.. we're fixing it!"
>
> > We plan full RFC2010 by the time we reach 5% visibility.
>
> So.. never, right?
>
> I dont get it. Why wait until later to do things _right_?

Because we're not used to being members of organizations in which
major decisions are driven by short-notice ultimatums.

Because we had to act quickly when it became apparent that the
root servers were likely to be arbitrarily reloaded with a set of
TLDs less than the full set originally registered as eDNS TLDs.

Because we are used to organizations that provide stability and
reliability as key elements to foster an environment hospitable
to business.

Respectfully submitted,
Richard Shu