Class "B" forsale (fwd)

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Sun Mar 9 20:08:13 UTC 1997

My point is ...

If the transfers are not honored then they will have no value.
The crunch in IP space can be drastically reduced if the horded
addressed where returned to the pool for use by those that need
them.

It is not yours. Anyone who sells IP addresses is committing
fraud. Sell the deed to the moon and you land in jail.

OK who owned it? The administrative contact, the
technical  contact? If I am an administrator for XYZ corp
and I sell XYZ's unused class B to ABC corp for $10K ...
have I embezzled $10K worth of assets from XYZ?

When the lawers get wind of this we are all in it deep.

You are treading on very shaky ground. Your free market
sounds more like anarchy. Commerce can not function without
law.

This line of reasoning based on "anarchist economics" will
bring the whole structure down on all of us.

Catch 22 - If you sell it, you don't need it. You don't need it
it goes back to the numbering authority.

Since the original user of the IP address did not pay for it,
how can they claim to own it? Quid Pro Quo!

From:   Joseph T. Klein, Titania Corporation http://www.titania.net
E-mail: jtk at titania.net  Sent:   20:08:13 CST/CDT 03/09/97

                -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759