Loss of BGP peering monitoring via SNMP

Chad Skidmore cskidmore at dsource.com
Thu Jun 5 15:07:57 UTC 1997

Cisco routers will send a trap on BGP peering changes.  The following is
an example config:

	snmp-server community private RW 1
	snmp-server community public RO 2
	snmp-server trap-authentication
	snmp-server enable traps envmon
	snmp-server enable traps bgp
	snmp-server enable traps frame-relay
	snmp-server host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX public tty frame-relay isdn
envmon bgp snmp

You must enable traps for BGP events and then define the SNMP console
"host" to receive those traps and list the traps you want sent to that
host.

Hope this helps,
Chad

Chad Skidmore