Response to NOI from NTIA on DNA

Bruce Potter gdead at alaska.net
Thu Jul 10 07:07:22 UTC 1997

Howdy,
I'm reluctant to reply to this message in the chance that you'll send it
off saying something like your letter "has the support of NANOG".  The point
of the NOI is to voice YOUR opinion (or that of your company, org, etc..).
This forum (a listserv) does not promote or foster the idea of a unified
voice that could result in a "letter from NANOG in responce to the NOI".
Quite the opposite, which is why some people read it; to get ideas from
others that they may not have exposure to.  I encourage everyone to respond
to the NOI in there own way, but to keep discussion of their responce off the
list (my 2 cents).

BTW: You can find all the current responces at
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/email/

On 09-Jul-97 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>... and if the VC gets the VP who's here on the QT we'll all get put on KP.
>
>:-)
>
>Follows a fairly long message containing my comments and opinion
>subject to a Notice of Inquiry issued by the US Government's NTIA
>(which means something, but I forget what.)

***Major snip****

Bruce Potter                    Internet Alaska, Inc.
gdead at alaska.net                Grateful Admin
InterNIC Handle: BGP4  ;-)
PGP Public Key: http://www.alaska.net/~gdead/gdead.asc
Key ID:   1024/F12AC0B1