Response to NOI from NTIA on DNA

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Thu Jul 10 13:49:15 UTC 1997

You wrote:
> Hello Mr. Ashworth - As you've seen on the NANOG Web pages, an Acceptable
> Use Policy was established for the mailing list at the June 1997 Tampa
> meeting (see http://www.nanog.org/aup.html).  So that we can follow the
> guidelines of the AUP, we'd like to ask that you post future messages
> about this topic to newdom at ar.com or one of the other DNS-specific mailing
> lists.  You'll find a selection of these lists on Merit's "Resources for
> ISPs" Web page (http://www.merit.edu/ipma/docs/isp.html).  Thanks in
> advance for your cooperation.

I guess I _am_ the only one who thinks that the government sticking
it's nose into how we run our networks is more important than minor
squabbles on whether Rickard's measurement methodologies are sound, or
not.

It's worthy of note that, on this not exactly low traffic mailing list,
I _posted_ a request first, and only got one reply in 24 hours: Dave Crocker,
saying "sure, go ahead".

Whatever.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth       High Technology Systems Consulting              Ashworth
Designer            Linux: Where Do You Want To Fly Today?        & Associates