Inter-provider relations

Robert Laughlin robert at portal.dx.net
Fri Oct 25 15:30:24 UTC 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Robert Bowman wrote:
> While I agree in theory with the MLPA concept, the only "headache" it truly
> alleviates is that of getting any contract signed.  It doesn't mystically
> configure the direct peering or the peering through the routing arbiter.
  -snip-
> A centralized database, wherein all contacts from an ISP/NSP are kept (new
> peering contacts, admin, techie, etc) along with current peering policy seems
> like something that would have alleviated hundreds of hours for me..
> Maybe the tooth fairy will deliver it someday..

My MUP (multilateral universal peering) concept is a bit different from
the MLPA.  I am including a software change that *does* establish peering
thru the route arbiters between all signatories as well as the
contact/informational database you seek.

Best Regards,
Robert Laughlin
DataXchange                sales:  800-863-1550            http://www.dx.net
       Network Operations Center:  703-903-7412 -or- 888-903-7412