Inter-provider relations

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Sat Oct 26 05:03:15 UTC 1996

> A centralized database, wherein all contacts from an ISP/NSP are kept (new
> peering contacts, admin, techie, etc) along with current peering policy seems
> like something that would have alleviated hundreds of hours for me..
> Maybe the tooth fairy will deliver it someday..

	Sounds like what the IRR (is supposed to) deliver.
	Of course, you have to ask yourself... Is my data
	correct in the IRR?

	And then a quick turn through ROE - the route object editor
	and RtConfig will allow anyone to crank out a correctly
	churned cisco config in seconds.  No need for an MLPA,
	No being out of control... with the minor exception that
	your intended peer has not entered thier peering policies
	into the IRR correctly.  Of course this can be checked
	with ROE.

	Keeps the phone calls to adjacent peers routing geeks down
	to a managable level... :)

--bill