Interesting AP Article

Steve Rubin ser at aimnet.net
Thu Mar 14 07:35:19 UTC 1996

> IP addresses are very valuable..."routable" IP addresses
> are even more valuable...routability is determined by other
> Internet participants being willing to route your traffic...if
> you have a nicely aggregated block of addresses then you
> are OK...if not, then you are in trouble...

Well, I am sure the InterNIC would be more than willing to trade a small,
fully utilized block for a larger block with room to grow.  But I won't
mention the R word here :)

> ISPs will have to start "seizing" blocks of addresses from
> IANA and taking over allocation responsibility to survive...
> as you can read between the lines on http://www.netsol.com
> no one is going to insure that your business survives...

Well, I doubt this will happen any time soon.  Remember what happened to
the person who was announcing 208/8.

--
Steven Eric Rubin 			 	Aimnet Corporation
Senior Network Engineer                 	2350 Mission College Park