*** MAKE SPAM at INTERRAMP.COM DIE FAST!!! *** (fwd)

Joe Rhett joe at Navigist.Com
Sat Aug 24 11:08:15 UTC 1996

> lists at reflections.mindspring.com writes:

> > The transition has not yet occurred; we will start transferring customers
> > come the beginning of September.

> In addition, we will not be offering free demo accounts.  The ease
> with which spammers can acquire throwaway PSI accounts, coupled with
> PSI's inability to trace a given post back to its source, has made PSI
> a spammer's dream.  It's not a matter of apathy, but of impotence.
> Those in charge of curtailing net abuse had few of the facilities
> necessary to do so.

> We will require NNTP authentication for news posting, and will
> immediately take action against accounts whose postings violate our
> terms of service (http://www.mindspring.com/aboutms/policy.html).

This must be a new tactic for you. I have received numerous spam-mail
messages from mindspring.com.  I have sent numerous messages to
postmaster and abuse at mindspring concerning this problem, and never
received a reply.

So your words are nice, but the reality checkbox is empty.