What is SPAM? - was Re: Legislative Relief - was Re: Motion...

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Oct 17 04:52:55 UTC 1995

From: Dave Siegel <dsiegel at rtd.com>
>spam:  Any posting which contains an advertisement of a product.
>posting:  Any peice of electronic material found either in a UseNet NewsGroup,
>	  public mailing list (listserv), or a private mailing list.
>
>I really don't see what the big deal is in all this.

and tags that message with...

>Dave Siegel			President, RTD Systems & Networking, Inc.
>(520)623-9663			Systems Consultant -- Unix, LANs, WANs, Cisco
>dsiegel at rtd.com			User Tracking & Acctg -- "Written by an ISP,
>http://www.rtd.com/						for an ISP."

Hmm, that looks like an advertisement to me, Dave.

Wanna try again? Or did you put the cuffs on?

I think (hope?) we're talking about something a bit more egregious
than what you've just described.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | http://www.std.com