Service Problems

mike at merit.edu mike at merit.edu
Wed Dec 20 16:38:54 UTC 1995

> "ok to take the circuit down for testing" - the problem i was trying to
> get resolved was related to peering.. go figure.. I still haven't heard
> back from MCI.. UUNET on the other hand I managed to get a call through
> to a tech there immediately... I've given up on trying to get through to
> MCI.. I've had nothing but good experience with them on the physical
> circuit level.. and the routing guys installing the circuit were great..
> but trying to get a [routing] tech on the phone for trouble issues just
> sucks.

I'll also vote for UUnet.  They provide several days notice of any expected
brief outages.  The only occasion I had to call a tech I got through immediately
(during off hours) to someone who was able to make BGP changes with no problem.
Installation also went through without a hitch well ahead of schedule.

 Regards,
 Mike

Mike Levy, PhD, PE		(206) 217-0158
Cortland Electronics Corp.	(206) 282-9445	fax
1509 Queen Anne Ave N., Suite 274
Seattle, WA			mike at cortland.com
				http://www.cortland.com