20402 routing entries

Dennis Ferguson dennis at ans.net
Fri Apr 15 21:57:02 UTC 1994

> You have an IMPLEMENTATION problem in the NSFNet backbone and some other
> "key" places which will not accept any larger routing tables.

Just to be clear, you are in fact mistaken.  The RS/6000 routers are not
having problems with the current routing load.  They no doubt will have
problems some day, you can't keep hardware forever if the task it needs
to do is continually growing, but the current problems are with 16M ciscos
in environments with relatively rich connectivity.

You keep complaining about what is being done wrong, but have said very
little about what should be done instead.  I'd be much more interested
in hearing the latter.

Dennis Ferguson