20402 routing entries

Robert Hood hoodr at netcom.com
Fri Apr 15 17:57:25 UTC 1994

>According to NSF/ANSNET data, 23 aggregates ALONG with its covered 898 specific
>routes are co-exist in the routing table now.  If the ASs withdraws all these more
>specific routes, the routing table could be reduced by 898.  Given the urgent
>need of reduce the routing table size, would these ASs withdraw those specific
>routes as soon as possible?

I tried.  They told me that the forms and policy for removing more
specific routes were not in place yet, and that there would be an announcement
about it in a week or so.  (I tried to remove 150 routes).  I've got
a few hundred more to do next week.

--
    Robert Hood             hoodr at netcom.com                1-408-983-1510
 System/Network Administrator for NETCOM On-line Communications Services, Inc.