NCR - a followup note

Martin Lee Schoffstall schoff at psi.com
Mon Jan 6 16:38:29 UTC 1992

Milo,

I also believe that nothing should be implemented until the new routing
coordinator is done under the NSF RFP.  At best a recommendation should
be put into place to consider.

marty

 Yes.  I think with the proper mods, we can support the kind of environment whe
re
 nets can change carriers and such.  However, it is vital to note that
 some amount of hierarchy is required to keep the routing info manageable.
 There is a trade-off between flexibility and scalability.  If every group
 demands lots of flexibility, then it will not be possible to build
 the system as large as everyone might want...

 						Thanks,
 						  Milo