Phase III RS-960 Deployment Status Update

Dan Long long at nic.near.net
Wed Apr 22 06:00:28 UTC 1992

Mark,

    Thanks for the update.  One thing that hasn't been clearly called out is
the procedure for reporting on the progress of the rollout and the criteria
that will be used for deciding whether all is well and the rollout should
continue.

    When we last spoke, you said you were planning to make weekly status
reports on how things were going.  I think that's a very good idea.  May I
suggest that you send something out (Wednesdays?) that addresses the
following points:

	- what changes were planned for the previous weekend
	- what changes actually were made on the previous weekend
	- what problems arose (if any)
	- what problems remain (if any)
	- what your plan is for the following weekend (the go/no-go question)

    This level of detail would enable us to help keep a watchful eye out for
any operational problems and it would allow everyone some time to get feedback
to you before the next set of upgrades.

Possible?

Thanks,
Dan