[NANOG-announce] NANOG Updates

Betty Burke bburke at merit.edu
Mon Aug 17 19:15:27 UTC 2009

NANOG Community:

As the summer months begin to draw to a close, I hope many of you are making your plans to attend NANOG47.  It is sure to be a great program and great meeting venue for all to network.  If you have not yet sent your presentation abstract, please submit your materials to http://pc.nanog.org, as the NANOG Program Committee is accepting a few more presentations for consideration.

Of additional note, the registration fee will increase on September 14, and the hotel NANOG group rate will expire on September 30, 2009.  So don't wait, visit nanog.org for all the latest information and links to registration, the hotel, and local points of interest.

In addition to the NANOG47 agenda, we encourage you to take part in the the 5th Annual NANOG Election process.  The election information can be found at http://nanog.org/governance/elections/2009elections/ .  Please take a moment to review the Eligible Voters list to confirm we have not missed you, and do consider sending a nomination for the Steering, Program, and Mail List committees.  The process works well when the community, you, become engaged.

As reported at NANOG46 and in NANOG-Futures, the NANOG Marketing Working Group is active and has a new list of sponsorship opportunities for consideration, http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog47/sponsorships.php .  We can not emphasize enough how important NANOG Sponsorship is to our efforts in keeping the cost of registration in check.  A balance of both allows Merit to provide the level of support the community has come to expect.  Please do consider recommending a sponsorship opportunity to your marketing representatives and or send a note to marketing at nanog.org with any new ideas you may have. The community will be, and is, very appreciative and in return it is a great opportunity for Sponsors to have access to a diverse group which represent the spirit of NANOG.

Lastly, in keeping with Merit's commitment to community transparency, the community will find a set of Financial updates at http://nanog.org/about/financial/
And the most recent NANOG46 survey information can be found at http://nanog.org/about/surveys

As always, on behalf of the NANOG support staff, we look forward to seeing many of you in person at our next meeting, NANOG47 in Dearborn, Michigan.  In addition to contacting me directly, always feel free to send any comments, questions or concerns directly to nanog-support at nanog.org

Sincerely,
Betty Burke
NANOG Community Project Manager and NANOG SC Member