Best TAC Services from Equipment Vendors

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Mar 11 21:10:03 UTC 2024

On 2024-03-07 05:08, Pedro Prado wrote:
> * I am biased, I’m from Arista * but having said that have you guys experienced Arista TAC?

Yes.

> As you guys said scale may change things down the road, but at the current scale it’s still an engineer that answers your call, straight away.

I think the scale has worsened this, slightly, already. It was great
initially.

Opening a ticket via web/email after hours seems to get clueless
first-level support.

Calling during U.S. business hours has been fine, but I'm generally only
doing that to get a ticket moving after it has stalled.

If I have an issue that needs to be escalated to
engineering/development, I've had very good to great experiences with
the engineers/developers in India after hours. It's a bad day if I need
them, but it's great to have them.

FWIW, I haven't tried calling after hours.

On the other hand, the sales engineers have been great!

--
Richard