Networks ignoring prepends?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jan 22 22:43:48 UTC 2024

I’d bet that 47787 is a paying century link customer. As such, despite the ugliness of the path, CL probably local prefs everything advertised by them higher than any non-paying link. I’m willing to bet 1299 is peered and not paying CL.

Sending bits for revenue is almost always preferable to sending bits for free, so…

Owen