BGP Monitoring

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Tue Feb 27 09:40:59 UTC 2024

Hi Alex,

la at qrator.net (Alexander Lyamin) wrote:

> Ray mentioned precisely that he wants to  monitor BGP announcements and
> route changes.
>
> Leak detection is kind of on a different level. You need a bit more  data
> to effectively detect them. ( I kind of know that).

Our use case is extremely simple, so the RIS feed gives us everything we need.
We don't need to qualify the leak, *any* leak from a local node is undesirable,
they tag everything NO_EXPORT. Anybody exporting must thus be dealt with.

But you gave me an idea regarding our datacenter prefixes...

Cheers,
    Elmar.