The Reg does 240/4

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE7TFX/VE6BBM) lyndon at orthanc.ca
Thu Feb 15 19:04:19 UTC 2024

> >  How many legacy mail clients can handle IPv6?

I would suspect all of them, since MUAs, by definition, are not
involved in any mail transport operations.  But if you're thinking
of MUAs that use Submission, they are unlikely to care one whit
what the underlying transport is.  You configure a submission
hostname, and the client just hands that off to the underlying OS
to deal with.  It doesn't care what parameters are passed to the
connect() call under the hood.

As for mail servers handling v6 out of the box, I am not familiar
with *any* currently shipping MTA that does NOT do v6 with no
configuration required.

--lyndon