The Reg does 240/4

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Wed Feb 14 12:49:37 UTC 2024

Hi David,

I agree with the fact that introducing this space has the very real risk of it being obtained by the highest bidder. Perhaps I may be naive in believing that we have a possible chance to delegate this space wisely and prevent it from being exhausted at a rather rapid rate, however I can only hope that people will see the potential benefit that this could bring, and policy not being changed to benefit the larger players in the space.

IP resources were never intended to become a commodity, rather a tool that allowed people to globally connect. It should never have become a commodity, and it's a shame that it is being treated as such with a price tag put on it.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker