ARIN whois contact abuse from ipv4depot aka Silicon Desert International Inc

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Fri Oct 13 15:04:09 UTC 2023

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, October 12th, 2023 at 18:59, Niels Bakker <niels=nanog at bakker.net> wrote:

> RIPE have a policy that states

Which is exactly what I said Neils.  When I asked about it, they pointed me at a policy.

Well hell, theoretically my company has a policy that describes zero-tolerance to spam. And yet if I published such a policy on the website, do you think spammers would adhere to it ?

As for you implying it is impossible for a RIR to validate such information, just ask anyone who is a Nominet (.uk registry) member.

Every year, Nominet do an audit of every member.  They pull a random-sample of domains from each member and attempt to perform an automated check of end-user name and address details.

If Nominet are unable to perform the automated check, then you receive an email from the Nominet compliance department asking for your assistance with a manual check (this happens rarely, Nominet's automated checks normally work).

Nominet do not expect 100% perfection, there is a tolerance percentage.

RIPE could do the same.  And some might argue that it is easier for RIPE because all we are asking is for a valid abuse contact, so its not like Nominet who have to verify e.g. registrant company ID numbers.