Outside plant - prewire customer demarc preference

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Nov 29 03:18:16 UTC 2023

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023, Stan Barber wrote:
> That being said, I would ask if the home is being prewired for alarm
> services or not. If so, you could find an avenue to ask about other things.
> My sister and her husband just bought a new house outside of Dallas and it
> is coming prewired for RG6, wired alarm and CAT-6 ethernet.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I suspect the builder will try to sell a
wireless alarm system instead, but I will suggest my relative ask
the design consultants.

During my "dumb homebuyer" Thanksgiving tour, I found out the $1,000 smurf
tube option was a 5-foot tube (2-inch) from the TV mounting box above the
fireplace mantel to the side of the fireplace for a media console for a
hdmi cable.

On the other hand, the sales person was very proud that the garage is
"EV-Ready."  Which is how I found out the garage was their office, not on
the tour.