ipv6 address management - documentation

Christopher Hawker chris at thesysadmin.au
Thu Nov 16 23:50:56 UTC 2023

One of the first things that comes to mind, is that if you were to breakout a /64 v6 subnet (a standard-issue subnet to a residential customer) in an Excel spreadsheet, the number of columns you would need is 14 digits long. You could breakout the equivalent of a /12 v4 in just one column. Understandably in the real world no one (in their right mind) would do this, this is just for comparison.

Regards,
Christopher H.