Re: Your Input Needed: Can ROA Replace LOA? – Short Survey (7 mins)

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Nov 16 17:00:10 UTC 2023

> <citation required>

In a decade working on the SP side of the world, I worked with prob 20
different upstream carriers. I can only think of one that required LOA to
accept prefixes via BGP. Everyone else was via RIR methods, or nothing.
There are of course providers out there that do, but not nearly as many to
state it's a "primary use case", especially relative to #1 and #2 on your
list.