malware warning

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jul 19 00:02:39 UTC 2023

malware email is so common i normally do not warn of it.  but, in this
case, the attacker is extracting quotes from nanog and luring folk into
clicking.  e.g.

From: takahashi at fukushitrust.com
Subject: Re: jon postel
To: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 04:01:47 -0700

Hello!

We would like to present to you several alternatives for presentations and find out your thoughts and
opinions, please let us know whatever you think about it.

https://dognibs.com/8jh/ogr/g0h436ttqbw

Waiting for your reply

 > Does anyone have any stories about working with or near John they > would like to share with the
 list? It would definitely make my day > to hear more about the early internet somewhere around i have a
 protocol violation ticket he issued. --- Who says that routing unallocated address space is ungood? --
 Randy Bush Routing unallocated address space is ungood! -- Jon Postel randy

----

and

From: office at daimontrade.com.ua
Subject: Re: Reverse DNS for eyeballs?
To: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 02:56:36 -0700

Hello,

Modified paperwork regarding For this month. Kindly read through it attentively.

https://soocoop.net/e24/1s0/7ckl0icu7h

We appreciate your attention.

 > I would say the absence of reverse DNS tells useful info to receiving > MTAs - to preferably not
 accept. yep