Picking a RIR/obtaining an AS/ressurrecting a legacy space

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 22:51:16 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 3:26 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 1:43 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> > You are correct, insomuch if one intends to alter answers about the purported history
> > of an address block from what was said the first time, we won’t simply disregard the
> > previously supplied story.
>
> With due respect John, any given set of facts can be presented more
> than one way, without altering any of the facts. When a use case is
> dead center for ARIN's normal operation, it doesn't much matter. When
> it's more of an edge case, I recommend having a friendly ear help you
> get your ducks in a row before saying anything to ARIN. And let's face
> it, it doesn't get much more edge case than updating a dormant
> pre-ARIN (legacy) address block.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

The history here goes back 30 years! (
http://www.ccil.org/home/about-ccil/history-of-ccil ) Eric is mostly
retired, rarely answers email, and all memories of this period faint.
I have reached out to them to see if they still have use for the other
/24.

Thank you everyone for explaining how things work nowadays.

--
Podcast: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7058793910227111937/
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos