Picking a RIR/obtaining an AS/ressurrecting a legacy space

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 6 21:23:09 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jul 6, 2023 at 1:43 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> You are correct, insomuch if one intends to alter answers about the purported history
> of an address block from what was said the first time, we won’t simply disregard the
> previously supplied story.

With due respect John, any given set of facts can be presented more
than one way, without altering any of the facts. When a use case is
dead center for ARIN's normal operation, it doesn't much matter. When
it's more of an edge case, I recommend having a friendly ear help you
get your ducks in a row before saying anything to ARIN. And let's face
it, it doesn't get much more edge case than updating a dormant
pre-ARIN (legacy) address block.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--