Hawaiian ILEC infrastructure and fire

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Aug 17 17:56:51 UTC 2023

On 8/17/23 3:14 AM, Jason Kuehl wrote:
> I would be willing to travel down to help restore infra; I did this back
> around Sandy as well. Is there anyone we can contact?

I am not sure who to contact.  I don't work with the fiber guys as I am
a router guy.  I could only tell you to call the main number and work
yourself to the fiber guys or look online and see who you can find that
way.  But they have  lot of fiber up at this time.  They got guys from
other islands over there last week and have been stringing fiber
non-stop since then - over the weekend and nights.  Lahaina is small
square area wise.  We already are getting Napili online today, which is
north of the area affected.

scott