Need Comcast IPv6 routing assistance please

David Sotnick sotnickd-nanog at ddv.com
Tue May 24 15:18:02 UTC 2016

Hi John,

I have been working with Courtney Smith and a fix has been implemented.
Apparently a bunch of new Level(3) peering circuits were turned up on 5/15
and that's when the chronic packet loss problem started for our users.

I have not been informed of the details as to what was causing such packet
loss (but I would love to know), but for now the problem is resolved.

FWIW, this problem doesn't appear limited to the Northern CA region, as we
have users in Seattle, WA (who VPN down to Northern CA), and their packet
loss issues have also been resolved.

I don't see two delegated prefixes and besides wouldn't that particular
issue need to be present on all our users' Comcast connections in order for
them *all* to have experienced the same packet loss? I think perhaps that's
a red-herring.

Cheers,
David