Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Cryptographrix cryptographrix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:00:02 UTC 2016

"What you are NOT allowed to do is impose new requirements on our Internet
to support your business licensing models and make it our problem"

They're not imposing *new* regulation on *your* internet to support their
business licensing models - they're imposing *existing* (and international)
regulations on someone else's business that *existing* distributors provide
controls for.

And that many *existing* online distributors provide controls for - hence
why they should be using the *most local* method of locating a person - ask
for permission to get the location from their *device first* (as is
possible nowadays), then try to get the location from any one of other
fallback methods (namely, IP geolocation).