eBay is looking for network heavies...

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Thu Jun 11 03:39:41 UTC 2015

On 06/10/2015 07:47 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> Over the past 25 years or so, I can think of a half-dozen offers I've
> turned down because the employer failed the interview.  (Which
> doesn't make me a geeenious ... just someone who values low blood
> pressure, and prefers an interesting work environment over $$$)

OK, can't ignore a straight line like that...

When I was living in Chicago, a head-hunter steered me to a consulting
firm that had a hot project.  They were looking for young hot
programmers for a top-secret project.

After the phone screen, the company called me in for the face-to-face
"interview".  I put the word "interview" in quotes because, for 25
minutes, the chief programmer of the place played a video game he wrote.
  That was the extent of the interview!

The company?  A game studio (back when game studios were new) who had a
contract to develop games for the to-be-introduced Coleco Adam.  Um,
that was a surprise, and not my thing.  I ran out of there...